The subject of fashion trademarks does not fall under the faculty of novel or uncommon areas in the minds of many individuals in the world. Just like there are known trademarks in different world sectors- for example; in the technological sphere, Apple is a renowned brand; there are also popular and expensive trademarks in the world of fashion.
For the purpose of this article and in no particular order, ten most expensive trademarks in the world’s fashion industry is highlighted below.
- VERSACE: This luxury clothing company was founded by Gianni Versace in 1978. This clothing line took a leap of elevation to fame and success within a decade. However, it was important for Versace to introduce his products to the public through celebrities. As a result, some of the most popular celebrities in the 1980s, including Elton John, Madonna and Princess Diana wore Versace designs.
Donatella Versace, Gianni’s sister became the mastermind behind this renowned brand after Gianni Versace passed away. No matter what Versace will remain one of the trendsetting names in the fashion industry. The company declared that its profit stands at $79 million as at today.
- BURBERRY: It was founded by Thomas Burberry in 1856 in Basingstoke. The company has built up a reputation which remains unrivaled in the world till date. Its items are being widely purchased all over the world. A British company, Burberry features products including coats for men and women, glasses and home interior. In the year 2014, the company announced that its profit is estimated to be $323 million.
- FENDI: The Fendi brand was founded in 1925 by Edoardo and Adele Fendi as a fur and leather shop. Although it is Italian based, it is a multinational company. Fendi falls under the category of famous brands all over the globe. As a result, thousands of sales are made annually in relation to this brand. These eye- catching products include fur, ready-to-wear and expensive handbags brands. By 2011, the company estimated its profit to be $1 billion, which makes it apparent that the company is towing a good path.
- ARMANI: Armani was founded in 1975, by Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti. The brand is popular for everything from ready-to-wear to eyewear to interior home designs. The brand is also constituted of various sub-labels including; Giorgio Armani, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani, AJ | Armani Jeans, AX | Armani Exchange, Armani Junior, and Armani/Casa.
By the end of the 1990s, Armani owned over 2,000 stores in the world. However, it is not surprising that the company’s annual profit is around $1.8 billion.
- GUCCI: The name Gucci has always implied high-end fashion and luxury since inception. This was founded by Guccio Gucci in 1920.
Presently, the company declared its profit to be about $4.2 billion. This foregoing is a clear indication of the company’s popularity.
- CHANEL: Such a list cannot miss such a trendsetting name in the fashion industry like Chanel. Chanel has been in the scenes since the 1920s. In the same decade, Coco Chanel launched her first perfume line and introduced the Chanel suit. Almost a century now, and the name has kept its good reputation. The company is worth $7 billion.
- PRADA: Prada is one of the renowned names that is recognized in everything including ready to wear clothes, leather items, accessories, shoes and watches. Summarily, it features a wide range of products. It was founded in 1925 by Adele. Asides its involvement in the fashion industry; Prada also involves electronics.
The company estimated its profit to be $9.4 billion.
- DIOR: Dior is a French luxury goods company, founded in 1946 by the eponymous designer Christian Dior. Today the company designs and retails ready-to-wear, leather goods, fashion accessories, footwear, jewelry, timepieces, fragrance, make-up, and skincare products.
In 2011, the company announced that its profit stands at over $24 billion in annual revenue.
- LOUIS VUITTON: This brand was birthed in 1954 by Louis Vuitton. The company also promotes its products and designs in shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, sunglasses, and books.
In 2014, the company’s annual profit valued over $28 billion. Most often than not, Louis Vuitton products are being purchased by models and A-list celebrities to flaunt them on red carpets and on the runways.
- OSCAR DE LA RENTA: Oscar de la Renta is one of the biggest names in the fashion industry. The journey of this brand began in the 1960s when he began dressing First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy. Since then, his name has turned into a household name and the designer a good number of people will resort to for any sophisticated event, from the red carpet to presidential inaugurations.
To cap it all, styles and outfits tell you a lot about the individual(s) putting them on. Usually, the individual is the one to give a dress, an outfit or handbag the value, but truthfully, they add the extra touch to such individual, especially when they are designed and made by famous trend-setters. Above is the list of the top ten fashion brands and fashion trends names in the world that will particularly add the spark to one’s appearance.